Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Patience

Paitence. 

As a mother we ask for this all day everyday. At least I do. Don't you? Please tell me you do. It helps me sleep at night knowing that other mothers pray for paitence as much as me. 


The other night I was feeling grouchy, poor me, depressed, overwhelmed. The kids were asleep in their beds. I slipped into the kitchen, batted my eyes at Jacky and wham. Cupcake. Face. Frosting. nose. Laughter. Works on lifting the spirits 100% of the time guaranteed. 
Jack is so patient with me. He is my rock. My calm. My everything I lack. 

This year has been a doozy. It's been emotionally and physically wearing in the most extreme ways for me. All I want to do and be is a good mother and wife. I didn't realize it would be this hard. Prayer has been my constant companion. I am grateful for this opportunity of emotional and physical hardship because I have learned to rely on my savior more than I ever imagined. 

Grateful.

I am grateful for my children each and everyday. They give me confidence in this life. They have given me smile lines around my mouth and eyes. They have made me into a woman. I know without a shadow of a doubt the mother I was meant to be in their eyes.  My children have made me into that mom and I am striving everyday to live up to their expectation. Jack has made me into that wife, the one I never imagined I would be.  These people in my life who love me for all that I am and ignore all that I'm not, sustain me. They are everything to me. 

Blessed. Indeed. 

Hard. Absolutely.

Worth it. Every minute. 


No comments: