Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pretty much Perfect

Awhile back on June 4th to be exact, Jack and I headed up to Layton to my Great Aunt Norma's funeral. Great Aunt Norma was a one of a kind, and her passing was unexpected leaving my Grandpa as the last member left in his family. Grandpa and Norma were the best of friends, my grandma said that she and Norma were sisters. You could not find a more tightly knit trio of friendship.


While at the funeral I was overcome with emotions while listening to stories of how incredible she was, I always knew she was amazing. But, I left there wanting to be just like her.

One of my favorite stories that seemed to get repeated over and over, was how she would hook the hose up to the basement faucet and put warm water in the Swimming Pool so no one would get cold. Also, stories of her always cooking delicious food, cookies, and always managing to look amazing and have a clean home.

I took one of her sayings and have now ingrained it into my kids "Don't sweat the small stuff, because it's all small stuff". I am so grateful that I was able to know such an incredible woman. Her hand crocheted blankets are so special to our family, truly made with so much love. We'll miss you Aunt Norma!


Norma Lee <i>Passey</i> Pickard

1 comment:

vintageblueballoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.