Saturday, November 29, 2014

We will wander and not worry

Last weekend we took an adventure (I said that a million times to the Tribe as animated as I could muster "A-D-V-ENTURE!!!) we took our family if six-o-la to Kentucky! Jack had a work trip of eating at a nice restaraunt and then seeing a Christmas show- I know tough trip right? So we all tagged along for the fun. -side note, A week before this "adventure" I got super nasty sick. Flu. Cold. Yuck. Yuck. Thankfully I was well enough to go and THANKFUL I didn't pass it to anyone else. Whew. 

Moving on. About thirty minutes before we were geared up to leave with the car packed up and the snacks all set. Jack had this crazy (not crazy we just stink at "pre-planning") idea to invite his brother and wife and kids (who are in med school) to Join our fun weekend.  It is a 9 hr. Drive for us and 4 1/2 for them. Duh! Everything would be free (work trip. Hotel points. Perks of the job) 

They said "yes!". Within thirty minutes Jack had reservations to the show and dinner set up and a hotel. Best ever! We shimmied out to Kentucky battery went dead in Osceola, Arkansas. However we made it! 

Isn't family the very best in the world?

We ate dinner in Grande River Kentucky aka "Christmas town" it was unreal. You need to see it to believe it. Unreal. Magical.

 I sat and watched our kids with their cousins coloring, laughing and looking around at the most magically decorated place we have ever seen, and my heart was so full, It was bursting! My children are making the best kind of memories in this very moment. Memories that will last forever. Wow. Pressures as a parent to do things well! We did this very well. Nailed it
The next day we gathered up the cousins for one last photo to cap off the perfect weekend.

Wait! John and Leslie's house is just 4 1/2 hrs away, and it is Thanksgiving break for the kids. Jack can work from the road? So we did. We extended our trip. Which is a HUGE deal for Jack and me because, well... We may move and take adventures in that way. But when it comes to flipping the breaks and changing gears we totally panic. As we drove toward Tennesee to meet John and Leslie at their home, we kept saying "I am proud of us" "I can't believe we are doing this" (I know, we don't get out much) but life is for living right? 



The "Harry Dance"

And Jane for the first time ever. Sang in public. It was amazing. For the past 6 months she has asked that Santa give her a microphone. I guess that's the magic right? Microphone it is!

Then we journeyed the 13 1/2 hrs. Home. Making the Roberts Tribe weekend getaway a 1,762 mile "ADVENTURE!"

I love our Tribe

Xo,
Sarah

No comments: